According to Visit California, the state is expected to lose $78.8 billion in travel spending from the highest travel in 2019 and is not expected to go back to those levels until 2024.
Hotels and restaurants are facing new challenges as they prepare to reopen, and health and safety measures are under the microscope like never before.
The hotel industry will need to rely on continued technological innovations to maintain operations and enhance guest experiences even when personal interactions between the staff and customers are limited.
Listen to Mary Huss, publisher of the San Francisco Business Times as she talks with Kristeen Cominiello, vice president of Comcast Business in California and Barbara Perzigian, general manager at Hotel Via, about how technology is helping to reopen and transform the hospitality industry. Comcast Business is the proud Ethernet and other solutions provider for Hotel VIA since its opening in 2017.
In this podcast you’ll learn about:
- The greatest challenges Hotel Via faced as they reopened amid Covid-19.
- The technologies Hotel Via implemented to keep guests healthy, safe and comfortable, including eliminating touchpoints to be as contactless as possible.
- What Hotel Via learned from clients — including the San Francisco Giants — after reopening.
- Where businesses in the hospitality industry should start when getting new technologies up and running.
- How Comcast is partnering with hotels as they reopen and what to look for in a tech partner.
- Technologies that may help the hospitality industry this year and beyond.
- The importance of fast, consistent connectivity and how to deal with the strain on the network.