When it’s time for a fresh start, Comcast Business and Xfinity are ready to meet you where you are. Whenever and wherever.
Whether you are relocating for a new job or for your business, upgrading homes for your family to grow, or even downsizing, moving is part of each new phase in life. The task of moving also comes with a never-ending list of to-dos as well: new furniture to buy, clothes to pack or sell, new services to purchase, bills to forward, etc.
However, switching your Comcast Internet services can be the least of your worries with just a few simple steps.
For Comcast Business Customers:
Comcast Business understands your business’s needs during this time of transition and is here to make your service transfer as smooth as possible.
- Initiate your service transfer. Call us at (800) 391-3000 and follow the voice prompt for moving or adding service at a new location.
- Pack your equipment. You can upgrade or keep your current equipment when you move. Ask a Comcast Business representative if your equipment is compatible with your new address.
- Prep for installation. Prior to the installation of services at your new location, a Comcast Business technician may need to perform a walk-through to ensure we are properly prepared for a smooth installation of services. A Comcast Business representative will contact you with the date and time if a survey is needed, typically 24-72 hours prior to your installation date. During this pre-installation survey, a technician will check the internal wiring and signal levels at your business location.
- Return any unneeded equipment. On the day of install, you may return any unwanted equipment to our business technician, and they’ll take it from there.
For Xfinity Residential Customers:
Xfinity has made the moving process easy. Get started with these three simple steps.
- Check your new address. We’ll let you know if Xfinity is available at your new address here.
- Review your plan. Confirm your move-in date, location, and any new equipment you may need.
- Make your move. Enjoy a free Getting Started Kit for easy self-installation or schedule the professionals for an installation visit.
What else should you expect when you move? Let’s unpack this.
Xfinity wants to support you—anywhere and everywhere you want to go. There is no early termination fee when you keep Xfinity, or switch to a new offer. You’ll always get our 30-day money-back guarantee for TV, Internet, Home Security, and Voice services. We won’t rush your move either. If there is time between when you move out and move in, you won’t be billed for any gaps in service. And we’ll keep you connected to WiFi hotspots and streaming TV on our Xfinity Stream app.
If you happen to move to an area where Xfinity doesn’t provide service, simply return your equipment before you make the move. Click here for detailed instructions on how to return your equipment.
Get settled into your new location right away with Comcast Business and Xfinity. We value our customers and want to make your move as seamless and stress-free as possible. Let us help you unpack so you can get back to working and living.
For more information about moving your business’s Internet with ease, go to Comcast Business.
To find out more about unpacking fast Internet into your new home, visit Xfinity.