Note: PG&E has updated the list of counties that are affected. Please view their link below.
PG&E has notified us that it will conduct a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) in some areas of California on Wednesday, November 20. For the most up-to-date information, refer to PG&E’s PSPS website. Xfinity services require commercial power to operate. As PG&E shuts off power in certain areas, Xfinity services will be affected.
You can monitor your Xfinity services using the following resources:
- Receive Xfinity Text Alerts – Should you lose your Xfinity services as a result of the power outage, please update your mobile number to receive text alerts.
- Download or Sign in to Xfinity My Account – Get updates on outages, report service interruptions and see when your service is expected to be restored. Text “App” to 266278 (COMCST) to receive mobile app download options.
- Download Xfinity Connect – With Xfinity Connect and our Voice2go feature, Xfinity Voice customers can make and receive calls with their home phone number using their mobile phone.
- Use Xfinity Stream to Download Movies and TV Shows – Xfinity TV customers with internet access can stream live news, weather and sports, even while out of your home.
- Download or Sign in to Xfinity Mobile App – Your services will be dependent on Verizon Wireless Services.
Please note: If your power goes out, PG&E must restore power before Xfinity technicians can safely start work to restore services.
Additionally, it is possible that power could be restored to your home, but damage to or loss of power to the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood could cause delays in restoring your Xfinity services. In this case, your Xfinity services will depend on its separate power source being restored.
We are committed to getting services up and running as soon as possible.