An “atmospheric river” winter storm has brought heavy rain, high winds, flash floods, avalanche warnings and extensive power outages to much of Northern California.
The storm has created impacts from the Sierra to Fresno, including the Bay Area and throughout numerous coastal communities. The system is expected to continue bringing heavy rain and wind to the area through Friday.
Numerous communities are experiencing power outages and thousands were told to evacuate in the Santa Cruz, California region.
Comcast services require commercial power to operate. Internet and video, as well as landline and even mobile phone services for homes and businesses, may stop functioning within hours after the commercial power is shut off.
Comcast understands this disruption to services can have a major impact on people’s lives and businesses, especially during the global pandemic.
The safety of our communities and employees is our utmost priority and Comcast takes special care during storms to ensure public safety. Once commercial power is restored, we will restore Comcast services that have been affected as quickly as possible in accordance with public safety and regulatory guidance.
Here are a few things you can do to stay informed:
- Confirm your contact information at xfinity.com/myaccount—We will use this information to contact you if we expect a service disruption caused by a planned power outage. You can also use My Accountto check if your service has been restored.
- Comcast Business customers can check their My Accountapp or the Comcast Business Status Center to get information and valuable updates.
- Download your favorite shows and movies for offline viewing—With the Xfinity Stream app, you can watch shows and movies offline in case you lose power.
- Download the Xfinity Connect App to receive Xfinity Voice calls via your mobile phone—Xfinity Voice customers can make and receive calls with their Xfinity phone number using their mobile phone.
- Visit the Comcast California Blogwhere we will post information, updates and answers to commonly asked questions. On the blog, we’ve launched a special PSPS web page where you can get additional information.
- Follow us on Twitter — our handle is @ComcastCA and we post valuable updates regularly.
Even if power is off, Comcast’s team never stops working for you. From our family to yours, we hope you remain safe.