At a series of events this week, Comcast announced that it will roll out the nation’s largest and fastest multi-gig network to Xfinity and Comcast Business customers in California. The newly announced Xfinity 10G Network will reach tens of millions of homes and businesses in the nation by the end of 2023. And by 2025, 50 million U.S. homes and businesses will have access to multi-gigabit speeds.
The Xfinity 10G Network is a next-generation broadband network that continues to get smarter, faster, and more reliable. Just think about your home and the number of applications and devices running at any one time. The network is built to power the technologies you rely on – fueling innovation and creativity today and into the future. These network improvements also provide better reliability, performance, and energy efficiency, which is needed now more than ever.
Comcast’s next-generation network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future with:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than one third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and Ookla rated Xfinity the fastest Internet provider at the end of 2022. Symmetrical gig speeds to the first homes are planned for later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful xFi Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and business and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest xFi Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
More information about the Xfinity 10G Network can be found here.
We will continue to keep you posted on our network buildout in California. In the meantime, here are some videos from Elad Nafshi’s visit to San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland, explaining what Xfinity 10G Network will offer.