PG&E has notified us that they will implement a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) in some areas of California on Wednesday, November 20. For the most current information, refer to PG&E’s PSPS website. Comcast Business services require commercial power to operate. As PG&E implements the PSPS, Comcast Business services will be affected.
5 ways to help minimize effects on your business:
- Enable Call Forwarding to receive business calls on your mobile device.
- Download the Comcast Business App to enable Be Anywhere. This allows you to make calls from your mobile device while still displaying the Caller ID on your business line.
- Ensure your battery backup is working so that you can maintain Voice service during a power outage.
- Stay online by connecting to Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
- Sign in to My Account for status updates and to sign up to receive text alerts when the outage is resolved.
Please note: If you experience a loss of service, PG&E must restore power before Comcast Business technicians can start work on restoring your services.
Additionally, it’s possible that power could be restored to your business, but damage to or loss of power to the Comcast Business network could cause delays in restoring your Comcast Business services. In this case, your Comcast Business services will depend on this separate power source being restored.
Questions or concerns?
We’re here to help. Sign in to My Account to chat with a Comcast Business support representative between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. or call us 24/7 at 800-391-3000.
We are committed to getting services up and running as soon as possible.