Comcast is providing Internet service to 11 evacuation centers serving residents that have been evacuated due to the Kincade Fire in Sonoma and Napa counties. In addition, Comcast opened 12,000 Xfinity hotspots in Petaluma, San Rafael, Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Santa Rosa to help residents and emergency personnel stay connected during this time of crisis. The hotspots are available to everyone, including non-Xfinity customers.
The following evacuation centers have been powered with Xfinity internet:
- CrossWalk Community Church: 2590 1st, Napa, CA 94558
- Hercules Swim Center: 2001 Refugio Valley Rd., Hercules, CA 94547
- Marin County Fairgrounds: 10 Ave of the Flags, San Rafael, CA 94903
- New Life Church: 2060 W. College Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- Petaluma Community Center: 320 N. McDowell Blvd., Petaluma, CA 94954
- Petaluma Valley Baptist Church: 580 Sonoma Mountain Pkwy., Petaluma, CA 94954
- Petaluma Veterans Memorial Building: 1094 Petaluma Blvd. S, Petaluma, CA 94952
- Petaluma Fairgrounds: 100 Fairgrounds Dr., Petaluma, CA 94952
- Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building: 1351 Maple Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95404
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds: 1350 Bennett Valley Rd., Santa Rosa, CA 95404
- Sonoma Marin Fairgrounds: 175 Fairgrounds Dr., Petaluma, CA 94952
For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, which are located at small businesses and in outdoor locations such as shopping districts and parks, please visit www.xfinity.com/wifi.
Once at a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
Xfinity Internet customers can sign in with their username and password, and they will be automatically connected at Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future.
Non-Xfinity Internet subscribers should visit the “Not an Xfinity Internet Customer” section on the sign-in page to get started. Non-customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every two hours.
If you are prompted for a password or other login credentials, then you are attempting to access an Xfinity WiFi hotspot that is located in a home, not in a business or outdoor location. This hotspot is not a part of the free Xfinity WiFi access program.