Nonprofits are essential contributors and resources for our communities, acting as a beacon of hope and help for the people and causes they advocate for. To recognize and support nonprofits in their causes and efforts, Comcast NBCUniversal and KSTS are joining forces.
For the first time, Comcast NBCUniversal and KSTS will be awarding $225,000 in unrestricted funds to eligible nonprofits located in the Bay Area. Comcast NBCUniversal and the stations are also announcing the rebranding of the program, from “Project Innovation” to “NBCUniversal Local Impact Grants,” – reflecting its local grassroots focus.
“NBC Bay Area and Telemundo 48 are grateful to be able to continue to award nonprofits that are working tirelessly to make a positive impact in the Bay Area,” said Stacy Owen, President and General Manager of NBC Bay Area and Telemundo 48. “More than just granting funds we hope to forge partnerships with our recipient organizations and help amplify their work in leading the change we want to see in our communities.”
The nonprofits interested in applying for grants will need to apply under one of the three categories of the program, which include: Next Generation Storytellers, Youth Education & Empowerment, and Community Engagement. The applications can be submitted online at www.localimpactgrants.com between March 14 and April 21, 2023. Applications are also available in Spanish at www.becasdeimpactolocal.com. Winners will be announced later this year.
Key grant eligibility requirements:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit’s headquarters and/or the program for which the organization is applying must be located in a participating market;
- Entity must service the market they operate from;
- Organization’s total expenses must be between $100,000 and $1,000,000; and
- Nonprofit must help to resolve everyday community issues in any of the three grant categories.
NBCU Local Impact Grant categories include:
- Next Generation Storytellers: Programs that promote access and develop pathways for emerging talent, diverse voices and underrepresented youth to explore careers in news, entertainment, sports and the arts.
- Youth Education & Empowerment: In-school and out-of-school programs that equip youth with the tools they need to succeed, including STEM/ STEAM education and youth entrepreneurship.
- Community Engagement: Programs that enable individuals to engage and volunteer in their communities.
To learn more about this year’s program, register here for an informational webinar on March 29 at 11:00 AM PST.
For updates on social media, follow @NBCUFoundation and #LocalImpactGrants.